Python introduction for developers (Sydney)
About the course
Python was designed with a philosophy emphasising a simple, clean syntax. Clean, readable code is the norm in Python, as opposed to the exception.
This training session will be a crash course in Python syntax, but since you're probably already programmers, we will cover syntax reasonably quickly and instead concentrate on *how* Python works and where it fits.
- Basic syntax, data types and control structures
- Object-oriented Python programming
- Functional Python programming
- Other cool tricks
- The Python ecosystem, packages and modules
- The standard library
- What python environments look like
- Python 2 vs. Python 3
- The open-source Python world, the Python Package Index, where to find good code so you don't have to write it.
Note: These are the topics normally covered but might alter slightly depending on the needs of the attendees.
Those who are programmers in another language and wish to learn about how Python works and what can be done with it.
Familiarity with at least one other programming language is required.