Matomo Analytics Introduction (Wellington)
About the course
Do you want to know more about your visitors and how your content is performing? Whether you run a website for a home business or a large corporation, Matomo is the leading open source analytics platform for tracking, analyzing, and reporting site data. Knowing how to use Matomo correctly will help you measure site traffic, engagement, ad revenue, SEO, ecommerce activity and more. This course shows you how to get set up in Matomo and glean insights from each of the reports.
Our trainer will explain how to interpret your results, create and track goals, and use options like segments to go deeper. The training is practical and hands-on, touching on the features you'll use most in your day-to-day analytics workflow.
Training sessions will cover the following topics:
- How to setup and install Matomo (a short introduction)
- Installing tracking tags
- Reading the dashboard, graphs, and data tables
- Making sense of reports about people and how did they find you
- Learning and exploring how your users use your website and what actions they take
- Defining your objectives and configuring conversion goals
- Creating custom segments to go deeper in your data
- Measuring marketing campaign activity
- How to do more with the data (scheduled reports, custom alerts, embed and exporting)
Note: These are the topics normally covered but might alter slightly depending on the needs of the trainees.
- Anyone who will be using Matomo Analytics
- Web administrators or developers responsible for performing Matomo implementation and configuration
- Marketers responsible for monitoring and growing Web leads and sales