Making Graphics for Social Media with Inkscape (Melbourne)
About the course
Inkscape is Free and Open Source Software for making 2D Vector graphics. It's a great tool for creating images for use in Social Media. This short half day course gives a good introduction on how to use Inkscape with a focus on creating graphics that can be used across a range of social media platforms.
We will teach you how to create graphics for social media using Inkscape to set up templates for twitter, facebook, linkedin, pinterest and instagram.
As a participant in this course, you will learn how to:
- efficiently navigate your way around the Inkscape canvas and interface
- use Inkscape's tools to create shapes and lines
- work with text tools
- describe the difference between vector and bitmap graphics, and when to use one or the other
- create a range of different image sizes and formats for various social media platforms
- import photos and pdfs to use in your graphics
- set up templates in Inkscape to make it easier and faster to make new graphics in future
Anyone who wants to learn how to:
- make graphics to jazz up their communication on social media channels.
- use the Inkscape application to create 2D Vector graphics for any other purpose.
- basic computer skills.
- BYO Laptop with Inkscape pre-installed - Download it for free from https://inkscape.org/
- BYO computer mouse. Trackpad is ok if you prefer, but a mouse might give you more control. Drawing tablets ok too!