An Introduction to using Git (Wellington)
About the course
Developer or web designer? You need version control. Git is the world benchmark - come and learn it with us. Git helps you track changes, reduce errors, make workflows more flexible, and collaborate with your peers with ease. This introductory course will help you get started using Git. You'll gain an understanding of how it works and how to integrate with a team already using it.
At the end of the course, attendees should have:
- Gained an understanding of what is going on behind the scenes when they execute Git commands
- An idea of what you can do with Git
- A basic grasp of some useful Git commands (but not a comprehensive arsenal of the syntax for using the commands)
- Why use revision control?
- Why use Git?
- Managing your files
- Remote repositories
Note: These are the topics normally covered but might alter slightly depending on the needs of the attendees.
An Introduction to Git is aimed at developers or web designers who:
- Have used other revision control systems, and want to try Git
- Are ready to start using Git, or have used Git a bit, but have been a bit confused by it
- Want to understand how they should be working with Git.
Attendees should be reasonably comfortable with typing commands at the command line, although no specific knowledge is assumed.