Introduction to Docker (Christchurch)
*** Special rate - Register two people and pay for one***
About the course
Learn how to use the software containerisation platform, Docker. We'll show you where Docker can be used, how to use the Docker command line and give you an understanding of the Docker environment.
- The benefits of docker
- How does docker differ from virtualization technologies?
- Understanding the components
- Dockerizing applications
- Working with containers
- Get started with images
- Linking containers together
- Managing data in containers
- Using Registries and Docker Hub
- Diff, union file systems and layering
- Microservice architecture
- Use cases
- The Docker ecosystem
- Kubernetes and docker compose demo
Note: These are the topics normally covered but might alter slightly depending on the needs of the trainees.
Programmers, development teams and operations engineers who want to know about Docker, where and when it can be used.
This course assumes no prior Docker knowledge.