Agile Primer (Auckland)
About the course
Agile is the project management method du jour in IT right now. But do you know exactly what Agile means, and how to put it into practice?
If you're new to Agile or need to get a better understanding of the basic principles, this course is for you.
Everyone who completes this course receives an International Consortium for Agile Certified Professional certification (ICAgile ICP). This certification does not expire and no renewal fee is required.
This course covers:
- The difference between “doing” and “being” Agile
- The origins of Agile and how it fits with software development
- Differences between Waterfall and Agile approaches
- When to and when not to use Agile
- Introduction to three key Agile frameworks (XP, Kanban and SCRUM)
- Understanding the different roles on an agile project
- How user stories differ from requirements, and how they help you build what your customer actually needs
- How planning is carried out at release, iteration and task levels
- What a “retro” is and why it's important
- How to integrate different types of work – Design, Development, Security, Infrastructure.
This is a fun, practical course, with exercises and group work, just like any good Agile project.
A key part of the course is an Agile project simulation where the participants work as a team to build a new product.
Anyone who is new to Agile, and those with some exposure to Agile who need more information and an opportunity to practice their skills.