There has been reports of fraudulent phone calls targeting individuals and companies, claiming to be from Catalyst, in an attempt to extract confidential information.
Please be aware that if you receive an email or a phone call from someone claiming to represent Catalyst with a request for personal information such as:
- user names and passwords,
- bank account details, or
- requesting you visit a website
do not provide any information or follow their requests, and immediately end the communication.
In case of receiving a suspicious email purporting to be from Catalyst:
- Do not click any of the links contained in the email
- Do not reply to the email
- Forward the email to email@example.com
- Delete the email
- Update and perform an anti-virus/anti-malware scan on your computer
- Apply the latest security updates to your computer
In either event, please visit the CERT website to learn about, and report, fraudulent phone calls and emails.