Catalyst has been providing mission-critical business systems based on open source technologies for public and private sector organisations for the past two decades. We place high importance on security for the software and solutions we provide.
In this role you will support the Catalyst Security Manager in delivering secure systems and maintaining their level of security. You will be working with many teams and clients providing specialist security knowledge and experience. You will also assist the Catalyst Security Manager with improving the overall security posture of the organisation and reducing associated security risk profiles.
Your role will include providing security advice and support to service lines, staff, and projects. You may also be involved in delivering and supporting security and threat assessments of systems and audit activities, delivering security training to Catalyst staff and customers, and supporting security compliance and incident response activities.
Ideally you will already have around 3 years of demonstrable experience in a security related role, have a good understanding of web application & network technologies and be familiar with Linux tools and technologies.
Any of the following would be advantageous to your application, so please be sure to list them;
- 3 years security-related experience
- Knowledge of open source security tools
- Knowledge of security standards/frameworks, such as PCI DSS / NZISM / ISO27001 / NIST SP 800-53 / CIS CSC 20 controls (also known as SANS Top 20) is a plus
- Security certifications, such as CISSP, GCIH, GCFA, etc. is a plus
- Operational security experience
- Experience of security incident response/digital forensics
- Experience of providing training
- Involvement in local security communities
- Experience of running risk assessments
- Experience of security tools, such as OpenVAS / ZAP / Burp / w3af / TSK / Karma
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure technologies, such as OpenStack / docker / AWS
Being a good employer is really important to us. We make sure our staff have all the support they need to grow their skills and we place a high priority on working collaboratively. We get together every Friday afternoon to relax, share company news from around the world and celebrate the achievements of our staff. We also offer health insurance, flexible working hours, plenty of training opportunities, and a great central location.
If this sounds like you please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Please also include links to any public work you're happy to showcase.
Our hiring processes reflect our diversity policy which you can read in full here: https://www.catalyst.net.nz/content/catalyst-diversity-policy