With three branches in New Zealand and offices in Australia and the UK, Catalyst is one of the leading open source IT companies in the world. Our challenge is to be able to articulate our story and the story of open source; for our staff, stakeholders, clients and the business and open source communities. We are looking for someone to own this challenge and help tell our story.
This role is pivotal within Catalyst and will involve working with the diverse teams and business units across Catalyst to understand the products and services they deliver and to tell their story online and in traditional media. You will have the opportunity to write case studies and media releases, craft content for our websites and social media accounts, and help get this story out into the public arena. You will get the chance to get out and about attending events and updating our social media sites with relevant news and images.
A significant part of this role is dependent upon your creativity and your willingness to own this role and help drive the direction of our communications strategies. As open source technologists, we embrace new tools and media and are keen to incorporate them into our communications activities.
To succeed in this role you will need to:
- Be able to translate technical stories and projects into engaging news pieces for a wide audience
- Be able to communicate extremely well with a varied range of internal and external audiences and provide advice to others within Catalyst to do the same
- Proactively seek out opportunities as well as support existing teams with their communication needs
- Work autonomously
- Attend events to represent Catalyst – occasionally outside of normal business hours
- Have a thorough understanding of communications technologies and platforms
- Have exceptional organisational skills with ability to multi-task
- Have previous experience in a communications related role.
Being a good employer is really important to us. We make sure our staff have all the support they need to grow their skills, and we place a high priority on working collaboratively. We get together every Friday afternoon to relax, share company news from around the world and celebrate the achievements of our staff. We also offer health insurance, flexible working hours, plenty of training opportunities, and a great central location.
If this sounds like you please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include links or documents of any public work you're happy to showcase.
Our hiring processes reflect our diversity policy which you can read in full here: https://www.catalyst.net.nz/content/catalyst-diversity-policy
Applications close on 20th July.