Catalyst has over 200 staff spread across New Zealand, with nearly 180 in our Wellington office. We are inundated with desktop requests and are seeking an enthusiastic person to support our existing desktop support team in a part or full time role. You will be troubleshooting hardware & software, solving problems and providing guidance to Catalyst staff. You will be given opportunities to cultivate your skills and grow your technical and business acumen.
As we run only open source software and tools at Catalyst, you will be best suited for this role if you have existing knowledge of Linux (preferably Ubuntu but other distributions will be helpful too). We are looking for a breadth of knowledge across a range of open source applications rather than a depth in one particular area, but good knowledge of Linux is the core requirement.
This is a role with negotiable hours if full time is not an option and could be arranged as anywhere between 20-30 hours per week.
To be successful in the role you'll need:
- Good troubleshooting, processes and documentation skills
- To be able to relate to people with differing technical skills, from those brand new to a Linux environment all the way through to the more technically savvy.
- To be able to help people move desks and monitors safely, including crawling under desks for cabling.
- A good working knowledge of Linux (specifically Ubuntu) and desktop applications.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Being a good employer is really important to us. We make sure our staff have all the support they need to grow their skills and we place a high priority on working collaboratively. We get together every Friday afternoon to relax, share company news from around the world and celebrate the achievements of our staff. We also offer health insurance, flexible working hours, plenty of training opportunities, and a great central location.
If this sounds like you please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Our hiring processes reflect our diversity policy which you can read in full here: https://www.catalyst.net.nz/content/catalyst-diversity-policy
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 27TH JULY