Catalyst Cloud are the cloud of Aotearoa. Our mission is to enable the growth of New Zealand's digital economy with state of the art cloud services delivered onshore.
We are looking for a Junior Customer Support Engineer to join our Auckland team to help maintain and run New Zealand’s first public cloud. As a Customer Support Engineer, you will help organisations of all sizes to succeed with their use of the Catalyst Cloud. You will guide them in their transition to the cloud, ensuring they adhere to best practices and resolving technical impediments that prevent growth.
Clear verbal and written communication skills are essential to your success in this role, you’ll be working with a range of both clients and colleagues so building strong interpersonal relationships will also be key.
You will be surrounded by a friendly team of open source technologists with roots firmly established in the FOSS world. Our cloud services hold true to this ethos with its open standard APIs and entirely open source backend infrastructure. Familiarity with Linux and it’s command line environment would be beneficial to the role.
Your main purpose will be to help customers to succeed with their use of the Catalyst Cloud whether it be on the phone, presenting in person or even teaching in the classroom. You will need to be comfortable wearing many hats, from providing professional services and support to customers, to presenting alongside your sales colleagues. In the role, you will be exposed to and learn about emerging technologies and use cases people have for cloud computing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting to resolve technical obstacles that prevent customers from growing and succeeding with the cloud.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction with our cloud services.
- Delivering professional services and support to customers.
- Assisting to develop best practice recommendations, documentation, tutorials, reference architectures, example code, blog articles, training and technical presentations.
- On-boarding new customers in a timely manner.
For this role, we are looking for some previous experience with or an interest in the following:
- Cloud platform: OpenStack, AWS, Google, Azure.
- Automation tools: Ansible, Terraform, OpenStack Heat, Cloudformation.
- Scripting languages such as Python, BASH or similar.
Being a good employer is really important to us. We make sure our staff have all of the support they need to grow their skills. We get together every Friday afternoon to relax, share company news from around the world and celebrate the achievements of our staff. We also offer health insurance, flexible working hours, plenty of training opportunities, and a great waterfront location.
If this sounds like you please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Our hiring processes reflect our diversity policy which you can read in full here: https://www.catalyst.net.nz/content/catalyst-diversity-policy