Catalyst offers Samba support and development services, with a particular focus on the Samba Active Directory Domain Controller. We use Samba and other tools to integrate our solutions with enterprise networks built on Microsoft's Windows to enable seamless interopability.
Catalyst can provide services across the full breath of Samba's capabilities
Our Samba consulting services include:
- Providing advice on how best to integrate Samba and Samba-based devices into Active Directory Domains.
- Supporting Samba appliance vendors, including NAS vendors with 3rd level support expertise to back-stop customer support responsibilities, including both file server and authentication features.
- Advising Samba vendors of important new bug-fixes and features as they are developed upstream, and back-porting as required.
Our Samba development services
- Custom development of new Samba features, be it the integration required for new and innovative products or to extend and improve Samba's core functionality.
- Implementation of Samba's Active Directory Domain Controller on new platforms and devices.
We assist organisations in the deployment and ongoing operation of Samba including:
- Supporting organisations directly implementing the "Samba4" Active Directory Domain Controller.
- Guiding upgrades from Samba 3.x domains to the Samba Active Directory Domain Controller of Samba 4.x, including consulting on the challenges and opportunities around upgrades from the popular OpenLDAP backend of Samba's 'classic' DC architecture.
Our ongoing support services are backed by a Service Level Agreement (SLA).
Andrew Bartlett leads our Samba consultancy group and brings over a decade of experience on the Samba Team. Andrew has been a key developer on the "Samba4" Active Directory Domain Controller project since its inception in 2005 through to its production release in Samba 4.0 and beyond. Andrew's in-depth knowledge of Kerberos and NTLM authentication and the interactions with Active Directory in particular extends back over a decade to the first development releases of Samba 3.x.
We have the capability to enable the breadth of Catalyst's products and services to integrate seamlessly with Windows and Active Directory based networks including:
- Enterprise Content Management services based on the Drupal platform
- the Moodle Learning Management System
Contact us regarding your Samba Support and Development needs.