Koha is a complete modern Web-based Library Management System.
Koha is the first open-source Integrated Library System (ILS). In use worldwide, its development is steered by a growing community of libraries collaborating to achieve their technology goals. Koha's impressive feature set continues to evolve and expand to meet the needs of its user base.
What is MyKoha?
MyKoha is Koha plus Catalyst hosting and management.
We take care of:
- all server equipment and hardware maintenance
- making sure your Koha is safe and secure
- making sure your Koha is up to date with the latest new features as they become available
- making sure you have access to your Koha from anywhere
We can also handle the migration of your catalogue and patron information from the system you use today into a new Koha set aside just for you.
Once set up, you will have your own Koha with its own URL, which will be something like http://your-name-here.mykoha.co.nz/.
We can also arrange it so that your own domain name is used instead of one that ends with mykoha.co.nz.
Koha provides support for:
- an OPAC
- flexible reporting
- A/V holdings, ebooks, DVDs, library-specific holdings types
- barcode reading
- barcode printing
- library user management and card printing
- easy and powerful searching
- enhanced catalogue display using content from Amazon, Google, LibraryThing, Open Library, Syndetics
- mature support for standards such as MARC 21, UNIMARC, z39.50, SRU/SW, SIP2, SIP/NCIP and others
- downloading MARC records, e.g. from Library of Congress and the National Library of New Zealand via z39.50 searches
- automated email overdue notices
- branch relationships
- a large number of available languages
- an off-line mode for when Internet access is not available (needs Firefox)
- and more
- ...with more features being added constantly