Catalyst operates two dedicated hosting facilities from our Willis Street offices on the second floor of Catalyst House and from CityLink's facilities at Lambton House. From these facilities we can rapidly establish secure and stable hosting of the systems we build.
The facilities are managed by our systems administrators, a dedicated team within Catalyst. The team uses advanced packaging, server configuration and monitoring techniques based entirely on open source technology to maintain high levels of availability and performance for the applications we host.
Our Catalyst House facility currently has:
- 40 square metres, 16 rack capacity;
- Security card access, halon gas fire prevention;
- Access via a controlled systems administration area, i.e. secure from the public areas;
- A 40Kva UPS;
- 110Kva generator;
- 100 Mb Citylink internet connection with peering to 2 ISPs and WIX.
- 24x7 access to skilled client or third party support staff by arrangement;
- Onsite support coverage is 7.00am to 7.00pm, remote support is 24x7;
Our hosting agreements provide for:
- proactive monitoring
- proactive and reactive support
- secure remote access and management
- offsite backup and secure storage
- rapid recovery from DR scenarios
Catalyst provides an Auckland backup hosting facility for both client systems and our own services.
Public and private sector organisations can now talk to Catalyst IT about using the OpenStack for their cloud computing needs.