Catalyst IT has a long-held commitment to free and open standards and technologies.
After some 10 years we are now the largest New Zealand owned company specialising in open source development and services. During this time we have established an impressive track record for successfully delivering, hosting and maintaining large-scale systems using open technology:
- InternetNZ – System to manage the .nz domain registration space
- Telecom NZ – a range of mobile services using open standards
- Electoral Enrolment Centre – the Electoral Roll Management System
- New Zealand Press Association – multiple applications and sites supporting their online news services
- Rolling out Linux desktops to two large NZ organisations.
Catalyst's commitment to open technology includes:
- regular code contributions from our staff and directors to a number of open source projects, such as Moodle, Drupal, Perl, Kannel, Lucene, PostgreSQL, Koha, Debian, PHP, and Git
- hosting the New Zealand Linux Kernel and Debian mirrors
- affiliate members of the Debian and Ubuntu projects
- R&D and product development exclusively on open source technologies
Open Source Consulting
We can bring a wealth of practical experience and expertise to bear to help your organisation benefit from open source solutions. If you are considering open source for your next project, consult Catalyst. We can advise on best-of-breed open source products, integration with established systems, and strategies for successfully implementing and maintaining open source solutions for your organisation.
For more information contact Mike O'Connor.