Location: Brighton, UK
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000
Role type: Permanent
Catalyst IT Europe is part of a global team of skilled open source technologists. We specialise in building and hosting enterprise grade Learning Management Systems using open source technologies like Moodle, Totara and Mahara.
We love a challenge, and tend to focus on LMS implementations that need a higher than usual level of technical expertise. Need to scale to millions of users? See us. Tricky B2B integration problems? Yes please. Complex custom features? We can guide you from a fuzzy idea to shipping code.
Our Brighton office is growing, and we're looking for 2-3 smart PHP developers to join us on our journey.
Applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in the UK. Preference will be given to applicants within commuting distance of Brighton.
Catalyst is committed to providing an inclusive work environment and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
Things we look for:
- Some exposure to Moodle, Totara or Mahara. This is a nice-to-have; while it counts heavily in your favour, developers from other backgrounds are also welcome. Drupal and Android are also interesting to us.
- Solid understanding of Git, Hg or similar version control system. We use Git.
- Familiarity with Linux and the GNU toolchain. If you have any DevOps tendencies, we'll get you involved in our Fabric, Puppet, Docker and AWS tooling.
- Decent grounding in computer science. Formal qualifications are not strictly required, but we need to see a working knowledge of design patterns, algorithm analysis, and understanding of modern software development lifecycles.
Things likely to affect the seniority of the position offered:
- Previous team leadership experience.
- Technical architecture and design experience.
- Open source software contributions, with bonus points for Moodle or Totara.
- 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working by negotiation