Catalyst began outsourced services in 1997 with an application hosted on two servers for Plumbing World. From these small beginnings, Catalyst has grown consistently year by year to the point where we are now New Zealand's largest open source service provider.
Open source technologies have enabled Catalyst not only to grow as a company, but also to design, build and host IT systems of national and international significance for organisations like Telecom New Zealand and Intel.
Today we provide open source solutions and services for a wide variety of organisations, including schools, universities, government departments, small business and major corporations.
- Company name: Catalyst .Net Ltd
- Ownership: Catalyst is owned by five working (full-time) directors, and one staff member
- Management: Catalyst is managed by the directors
- Staff levels: Catalyst has over 180 staff
Our revenue split
75% of our revenues are derived from software development related services. 20% of our revenues are derived through contracted support services based on managed hosting and SLA-based services.
Commitment to New Zealand
We are dedicated to expanding our organisation through a commitment to the New Zealand marketplace.
- Consulting: Process Modelling, Project Management, Technical strategies, RFI/RFP Management
- Software Development: A range of technologies to government and commercial organisations’ bespoke requirements
- Hosting: Internet based business applications
- Technical consulting: Designing, implementing and supporting secure architectures
- Outsourced Support: Of both Catalyst hosted and remote servers and desktops
- Catalyst has been in existence since 1997
- We have no debt
- We are conservative in our financial management
- Our directors all work full-time within Catalyst
- Our growth shows that high-profile New Zealand organisations trust us
- Our stability is strengthened by having a depth and breadth of services normally found only in larger organisations
- Our stability is supported by diverse revenue streams:
- Consulting and development – wide range of technologies
- Contracted hosting and support agreements
- Transaction based mobile revenues
- Transaction based revenues from joint ventures
- We have long term partnerships with key clients