Catalyst designed, developed, hosts and maintains the Shared Registry System (SRS), NZRS’s core business system.
The SRS provides a business-to-business system supporting the registration and management of domains within the .nz namespace.
The technologies used include Perl, XML, PostgreSQL, Apache, and Debian, PGP, and URL message encoding.
This system was:
- designed for and developed in open source non-vendor-centric technologies
- designed for full data replication and total redundancy for 24x7 operations
- architected to support production, pre-production and test environments
- architected to provide high levels of security, full non-repudiation, and digital certification.
Catalyst's outsourced services to NZRS include:
- application support and maintenance
- system hosting and administration - including remote administration
- hardware monitoring and support
- network monitoring and support
- end-to-end management and support.