Reliable, scalable and fast block storage for compute instances.
Our block storage service is backed by a fully distributed storage system, with no single points of failure and scalable to the exabyte level. The system is self-healing and self-managing. Data is seamlessly replicated on three different servers, making it fault tolerant and resilient. The loss of a storage node or a disk leads to the data being quickly recovered on a healthy location. The system runs frequent CRC checks to protect data from soft corruption. The corruption of a single bit can be detected and automatically restored to a healthy state.
- Create, manage, delete storage volumes.
- Boot compute instances from persistent volumes.
- Attach or detach additional storage volumes to compute instances.
- Create, restore, manage and delete snapshots of storage volumes. Snapshots can be used to clone storage volumes or to roll back to a previous known state.
- We offer a standard storage tier that combines SSDs with spinning disks to provide great performance and value for money.
- We can provide and introduce new storage tiers, with options for performance, resiliency and availability, according to your needs.
- We use separate 10Gbps highly available networks for storage replication and storage traffic, providing your applications with increased I/O throughput and higher performance.
Estimate your monthly cost easily using our online calculator:
Find out the exact price per GB/hour on our price list:
|Storage type||Description||Price per hour per GB||Price per month per GB|
|b1.standard||Combines SSDs and spinning drives||$0.00055||$0.40|