Since 1997, Catalyst has been dedicated to using the world’s best open source software and tools to deliver robust IT solutions for our clients.
Catalyst began outsourced services with an application hosted on two servers for Plumbing World. From these small beginnings, Catalyst has grown to become New Zealand’s largest open source service provider.
Open source technologies have enabled Catalyst to design, build and host IT systems of national and international significance for organisations like Telecom New Zealand and Intel.
Today, we provide open source solutions and services for a wide variety of organisations, including schools, universities, government departments, small businesses and major corporations.
We are dedicated to expanding our organisation through a commitment to the New Zealand marketplace.
Catalyst has been in business since 1997. Our growth shows that high-profile New Zealand organisations trust us, and we have long-term partnerships with key clients. We offer a depth and breadth of services normally found only in larger organisations.
Our stability is supported by diverse revenue streams – consulting and development in a wide range of technologies, contracted hosting and support agreements, transaction-based mobile revenues and transaction-based revenues from joint ventures. We are conservative in our financial management and we have no debt.
- Consulting – planning and strategy, business analysis, process modelling, project management, technical strategies, RFI/RFP management.
- Design and software development – we provide a range of expertise and technologies to meet organisations’ business requirements.
- eLearning – we provide expertise in eLearning platforms such as Mahara, Moodle and TotaraLMS.
- Hosting – cloud-based business applications.
- Technical consulting – solution architecture design, implementing and supporting secure systems.
- Outsourced support – Catalyst-hosted and remote servers and desktops.